Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Red nail polish in my drier! How do I get it out?

I swear, if it isn't one thing, it's another.Red nail polish in my drier! How do I get it out?
I would call a local appliance repairman.





it is dangerous to use any solvents in the dryer that may become combustible





Is there a chance any of the nail polish was flung into small crevices behind or underneath the drum? If so, the drum itself may need to be removed to have the polish removed from it before it is safe to use on a high heat setting again.





If she's out of polish remover ( which is cheaper to obtain than some of those other things suggested) what makes anyone think you're going to be able to find other more expensive forms of removal as an alternative any better?





You can remove the visible portions with nail polish remover..the cheapest way. Then you'll need to clean any residue of that out before you use it..but as I said..if there is any possibility that the polish seeped into other areas of the machine..you'll need an appliance repairman to check that out unless you've a real handyman about.Red nail polish in my drier! How do I get it out?
If the nail polish remover doesn't do the trick, I'd wipe it out with GOOF OFF! Use it liberally because you want to get into the holes in your dryer drum. Soak a White Rag to do this so you can see what kind of progress you're making.





GOOF OFF is a solvent that works wonders on all kinds of oil-base chemicals. After wiping the drum out, I'd then soak a pair of white socks with GOOF OFF and put back in the dryer. Let them dry on a short cycle just to see if the white socks pick up anymore nail polish. Good Luck.
OMG LOL!





Okay maybe this isn't funny right now but you just made my day. Have a STAR!!!!! :)





Okay, what you do is you blame it on the sock monster. :)
first open the dryer door


second reach in


third pick it up with your fingers


fourth pull it out





I'm surprised it wasn't blue





ok, hang your clothes on the line
I'd think rubbing it with nail polish remover would be a good place to start.
i used ';goo gone'; on worse it works awesome


a friend washed their clothes and dried them in my dryer and left stuff everywhere and i made them clean it with goo gone and it worked
  • amortization
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    freckles