Monday, June 21, 2010

Should I coat my earring posts with clear nail polish to prevent them from rusting?

Someone suggested this as a way to prevent sterling silver or other cheap-metal jewelry from rusting and changing color.





It sounds like a good idea, but I'm just worried - can the nail polish chip or flake off and get stuck inside my skin?





Has anyone tried this before, and if so, how did it work out for you?





Thanks!Should I coat my earring posts with clear nail polish to prevent them from rusting?
don't do it. If the posts rust, throw them away because they can cause infection. plus, acetone is bad for your skin.Should I coat my earring posts with clear nail polish to prevent them from rusting?
Yes, the nail polish can chip and wear off inside your ear and cause an infection. If you keep your sterling silver stored in a plastic bag it will not tarnish. Stainless steel earrings never tarnish and gold is always good.
It's perfectly fine to do that. I use it on ALL of my earrings because I am severely allergic to metal and it keeps me from having awful reactions to them. I've never had a problem doing it.
Don't do it, just buy better jewelry. You may have a reaction to the nailpolish!
yes for me it lasted up to 2 years

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
freckles