Monday, November 30, 2009

How do I get nail polish out of my shirt???

I recently had a bottle of red nail polish break and spray all over my new bedding (namely a down comforter). I had spilled nail polish on fabric before, and had never dreamed I would ever be able to get it out, so I always wrote off the stain and either threw the item away or just lived with it. I happened upon this site, and decided to buy some of the suggestions - Off Skintastic, Motsenbocker's Lift Off #3, and a can of acetone (and some Oxy Clean for washing afterwards). I tried the bug repellant on one spot of the comforter and ther Motsenbocker's on another. The bug repellant seemed to lighten the stain, but the Motsenbocker's was actually LIFTING the stain off of the fabric, so I switched to that. I had to spray, blot, and rub the spot with a soft-bristled toothbrush about 25-30 times, but IT COMPLETELY CAME OUT. I was honestly speechless!!! If you use Motsenbocker's make sure you have a towel or something absorbent under whatever you are cleaning to catch the stain dripping through from the other side. My mattress was also stained a little as a result of the accident, so I plan to use the Motsenbocker's again and blot more often and use a carpet cleaner to suck up the excess liquid so it doesn't soak through deeper into the mattress. I'm even going to try some old stains on old items to see if it works! I am still completely amazed that it worked! Thank you to whoever came across this product and posted it - IT WORKS WONDERS!How do I get nail polish out of my shirt???
you don't mention what material the shirt is. if it's cotton you can maybe use cotton and nail polish remover... if it's anything synthetic, forget it... good luck...How do I get nail polish out of my shirt???
Nail polish, remover. Maybe?
Try a little bit of nail polish remover it worked with me on my jeans. Let it soak then wash your shirt.
rubbing alcohol
Nail polish remover
U CANT I THINK OR JUST USE NAIL POLISH REMOVER RUB IT ON THERE
Gentle Nail Polish remover. Seriously.
nail polish remover
Semen is a good stain remover
nail polish remover, and then use a stain remover and wash it.
Accetone Free Remover.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
freckles