Thursday, December 3, 2009

Are having nail polish during pregnancy a no,no? what are its common effects to the baby?

im pregnant and do wear nail polish.. is it a no,no and why?Are having nail polish during pregnancy a no,no? what are its common effects to the baby?
Its definetly a no no. I read that nail polish and hair chemicals affect the baby's genitals (if a boy) in the way that they will be smaller. I avoided it.Are having nail polish during pregnancy a no,no? what are its common effects to the baby?
I painted my nails once a week while pregnant, now I have a beautiful healthy 6 week old baby boy :)





The only thing I didn't do was dye my hair, In most hairdressers opinions, they'd rather not do it, just it case. Even though there is no evidence of birth defects still, it is wised not to do it. But most women still do without worry.





Hope this helps, happy painting your nails (keep a window open to get rid of the smell)
I have been told by my doctor that using nail polish and other beauty products is perfectly safe as long as you use proper ventilation and avoid products that have certain ingredients known to be dangerous (sacilyc acid, retinol, etc.).





You may want to purchase paper masks to use when you paint your nails to minimize the amount of chemicals you inhale as a precaution - but you can definitely continue to paint your nails while pregnant. I do! :)





Have a healthy and happy pregnancy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
freckles