Thursday, December 3, 2009

Why does my nail polish peel off like plastic?

Not chipped off. Literally peels off like a sticker...I thought it was cheap nail polish...so I bought a more higher end brand and it still does the same thing....I tired to make the surface rougher with a nail sander...still the same. Has this happened to you? How did you fix it? Or what can I do or try?Why does my nail polish peel off like plastic?
All nail polishes do that. Apply the color so it doesn't quite reach the edge of the nail, then apply the top coat right to the edge of the nail twice. That should stop it peeling off.Why does my nail polish peel off like plastic?
When your done painting the color part on, put a clear coat over it.
A couple things:





Nail polish adheres best to an oil-free, smooth surface. That's why at the nail salon they'll either make you wash your hands before they apply the polish, or spritz them with rubbing alcohol. You definitely want to buff them before applying polish, but make sure you're washing them too.





Also, applying thick coats will make it peel off too. In my experience the cheaper polish brands tend to get goopy and thick really fast, so either use polish thinner or better polish, and be sure to apply thin coats.
This happens to me when I use the Hot Topic brands of nail polish. I think it has to do with applying too much. I know that when I'm in a hurry I'll kinda glob it on just to get done with it and it will literally peel off a few days later, so maybe if you tried putting less on or more (thinner) coats? I also noticed some other brands peel right off when I'm taking a hot shower or there's high heat/humidity so that could be it too.
it peels because after a few days the polish has been on your nails, and your nail bed produce oils natrually, just as if you don't wash your hair for a few days, your hair gets greasy. when the oil surfaces from the nail bed, it causes the polish to lift off of your nails. there isn't much you can do about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
freckles