Thursday, December 10, 2009

Fingertips numb after using nail polish remover?

last night I used nail polish remover to remove nail polish on my feet(all of which are fine). However I noticed last night that the tip of my thump and index finger felt tingly when touched and slightly numb . I have used this remover before and thought nothing of it , however the sensation is still there this morning . I can feel items that I touch with these tips, however the sensation is almost like numbness. Why is this and will it go away? Many thanks for advice, I am probably worrying about nothing.Fingertips numb after using nail polish remover?
I seriously doubt that it is from the nail polish remover. Sounds like you might have a pinched nerve somewhere or a circulation problem or it could be something much less severe. If it continues and becomes bothersome see your physician.

7 comments:

  1. I have the exact some problem. Must be the chemicals in the remover. Scary hey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just used Equate (Walmart's brand), non acetone nail polish remover and now my fingertips are numb, smooth and red (but that could be the stain from the nail polish I removed). It did feel weird/warmish whilst removing my nail polish.
    This has never happened before :-(!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too have had this happen this week. Still have numbness and smoothness. I believe it's a chemical burn from the old non acetone remover I used. I have not seen anyone say if it goes away or what can be done to get my fingers to heal from the burns though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did anyone figure out if the numbness goes away, or how to treat it?

      Delete
    2. Hey, im in the same wagon today after taking of my gel polish. Did you get better? I hope you did because to be honest is a little scary.

      Delete
  4. I have the same problem and it just feels so weird. Did you guy recuperate after it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya it goes back to normal after a couple days I’m still not sure why it happens tho

      Delete

 
freckles