Thursday, December 3, 2009

Will acetone (nail polish remover) damage, dye, or affect the hair on my head?

I can't get styling wax out of my hair and my chemistry teacher told me acetone will dissolve wax, but i don't want to use it if it will affect my hair or make it break, fall out, change color, or anything.Will acetone (nail polish remover) damage, dye, or affect the hair on my head?
it could very possibly dissolve the dye since it is organic. It will damage the hair, it will just dissolve oils in your hair and head. So it will create horribly dry skin and dry out your hair. But it will not cause it to fall out or break, acetone can't break down proteins. I wouldn't recomend acetone as a hair cleaner at all. Your chem teacher is kindof retarded. Plus acetone isn't the greatest at dissolving long esters that are waxes. Do not dump acetone in your hair. bad idea. It is best to repeatedly wash with hot soap and water. I don't recomend dumping organic solvents in your hair. Plus the amount of fumes from that. Acetone in that concentration isn't good for you, and not to mention the fire hazard that is now on your head. I wouldn't ask your teacher for advice again. I could give you awesome solvents, but i don't want you to get cancer. So you will just have to stick with soap.





Next time use a glue.Will acetone (nail polish remover) damage, dye, or affect the hair on my head?
I would not put acetone in your hair. Just keep washing the area with the styling wax. It will come out eventually. I mean come on... you don't want to put something that takes off nailpolish in your HAIR!
TRY PEANUT BUTTER IT WORKS FOR CHEWING GUM, SO IT MAY WORK FOR WAX, ALSO TRY MELTING THE WAX WITH A CURLING IRON TO SOFTEN IT UP THEN COMB IT OUT. MAY TAKE A WHILE BUT IT WILL WORK
forget about the hair you are going to irritate your skin on ur head. if you want to get hair wax out us a stripping shampoo neutrogena makes one.
HECK YEAH WOULD NOT DO THAT BAD IDEA

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
freckles